Monday, January 12, 2009

Tell me what you want!

Those of you who know Maddie know that she is a girl of very few words. None, actually, unless you count "mama" and "daddy", and even those she doesn't really use very often. We've been trying to get her to talk by not responding to her pointing and grunting. Instead, we tell her to tell us what she wants. Usually this just results in a temper tantrum on her part, but she really got me the other day. We were eating dinner and Maddie decided she wanted more. I said, "Ok, tell Mommy what you what." She pointed to the food on the counter and made her typical "eh!" sound. I tried to convince her to TELL me what she wanted instead of SHOWING me, but she wasn't having it. Finally, she got so frustrated that she looked me right in the eye, pointed into her empty bowl, and pointed to her mouth. Think she's just a little stubborn? Ha! She does have a new word though -- "Nooooooo!" Great!

We're battling the dreaded runny nose again, and her ears are also draining a little bit. We had a good two and a half weeks of no runny nose, but it's back with a vengence. It's very frustrating, but I'm hoping she'll get rid of this one on her own.

Maddie's really into hiding lately. She hides behind the end tables, she hides on the side of the couch. But her favorite place to hide is under her crib. She even has toys under there to entertain her. I went into her room one day and could hear her giggling but didn't see her. This is what I found.

No comments:

Post a Comment