Saturday, January 3, 2009

A New Year, A New Blog!


Hi everyone! Welcome to our new blog!

There are so many of you that we don't get to see as often as we'd like, so I thought this blog would be a good way to keep you all updated on the new and exciting happenings in our lives.

Tim and I just celebrated our second Christmas with Maddie, and it was great. She got two carloads full of presents (all of you are so generous!) and now has a ball pit (thanks Erin, Tyson, & Andy!) set up in the spare bedroom, which has now been converted to a toy room because of all the stuff she has. She loves all her new toys and books.

Maddie is a smart little cookie, that's for sure. She knows what EVERYTHING is. Tell her to go and get her lotion, she goes right to the closet and gets it. Same for diapers and wipes. She likes to take my keys now and bring them to the front door and put them in the lock. She loves to build with blocks and will bring you ten books at a time (but she never lets you finish a story -- she wants to move on to the next one as quickly as possible.) But as smart as she is, the little peanut refuses to say one single word. She babbles a lot, and she says "Dada" all the time, but other than that, she just points at what she wants. I guess she figures, why talk when Mom is just going to give me whatever I want anyway? Ha!

Tomorrow, she'll be 20 months old, which means in only four short months, she'll be TWO! I can't believe how quickly the time has gone by.

Tim and I both finished school in December -- finally! -- so we're both really happy about that. Right now we work opposite shifts, which isn't fun, but we're hoping that Tim will get switched to the day shift in the next couple weeks and we can fall into a normal routine.

Well, that's all for now. I'll try to post new pictures as much as I can, because it's so much fun to see how much she's changing as the weeks go by.

Happy New Year!

1 comment: