Monday, August 31, 2009

This and That


Last time I wrote, it was one month after Maddie's big surgery. Today, almost two months later (wow, has it really been that long?) Maddie is no longer our baby -- she's turning into our grown-up little girl! And let me tell you, she has quite the little attitude. Her favorite word is no. A few examples: Maddie, lets change your diaper. "No." Maddie, do you want to eat? "No." Maddie, please pick up your blocks. "No." Maddie, are you ready for bed? "NOOOOO!" But really, it's pretty darn cute. She is really just talking up a storm now, and while she still won't put two words together, she's really trying to repeat everything and she even starts little conversations with Tim and I. She's getting really good at telling us what she wants ("Eat" when she's hungry, "Blue" when she wants to watch Blue's Clue's, "Mommy" or "Daddy" when we ask her to do something and she wants us to do it instead) and she responds when we talk to her.

Her most recent obsession is bees. Everything is a bee. Yesterday, she watched Bee Movie five times. No, I'm not even kidding. Char, the woman who does Maddie's Early Intervention, taught us a song that goes, "I'm bringing home a baby bumble bee....OUCH! He stung me!" And now, I have to sing that song 124 times per day. She'll come running up to me, her hands folding together (that's how you sing the song -- hold your hands together like you captured a bee) and say, "Mommy! Bee bee bee!" She laughs hysterically every time I sing it, but let me tell you, I am really, really sick of that song!

We're also starting to work on potty training. Maddie has her own little potty chair as well as a little seat that sits on the big potty, but the little potty has quickly become just a toy. If she goes to the bathroom in it, the potty sings. Except Maddie has figured out how to make it sing WITHOUT peeing in it, so instead of using it for what it's supposed to be used for, it's her new raido. She makes it sing, then stands in front of it and dances. Yeah, she loves music. She's even figured out how to work our iPod and iPod dock to pick the songs she likes. See? Not a baby anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment